Monday, November 16, 2009

Week of November 16

I have felt really good about your discussions in this unit. You all (both classes) did an outstanding job in the seminar. Both had depth and focus. I am proud of you. This week we will finish that unit, then head into poetry (which I love and I bet you hate!). :)

Monday, 11/16
"Life is Beautiful"

Tuesday, 11/17
Culminating Activity
DUE: Essay packets

Wednesday, 11/18
Poetry terms

Thursday, 11/19
Read and analyze

Friday, 11/20
Write poems


*** Don't forget to blog over the Holocaust by 11/18 and that your extra credit creative projects are due Wednesday as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed this unit. The holocaust is one of the only things in history i enjoy studying. Night was a geat, touching story and i enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed expanding my knowledge of all the different camps. It helped me get a better understanding of what happened when i read Night, because it was a prespective from someone that this actually happened to.

*Emma* 3rd period

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed learning about the holocaust. I never noticed what exactly went on in these concentration camps and the places they sent the jews. I didn't notice how brutal this time actually was until now. The things the Germans did were just awful. It's hard to think that it actually happened. The part that really scares me is that it can actually happen again. Things like this happen now, just not in such drastic measures like then. I could never have the guts to kill that many people, no matter what my circumstances were. Hitler was a man of distruction. Reading 'Night' helped me to understand how harshly they were treated. I now have much more respect towards this area of study and wish to learn more in my high school career.

Summer Collins
4th period

Anonymous said...

This has been the best unit so far I think. This is my favorite thing in history to study. And the book night was gave a very good description of what a concentration camp was like and it was also very depressing. And the movie started out like a funny movie but soon went to the concentration camp which showed the love between the father and son that night didn't have.

Seth Goza 4th Period