Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week of March 30


Well, I know that you are all very sad thrilled to be back at school this week after a long week of break time. I am disgusted excited with you!!! :) The unit we are doing this week is going to involve a lot of work. I am warning you in advance. This is a unit that I had previously saved for close to the end of the semester and after numerous comments on the course evaluations, I decided to move it to this point in the semester. People felt like there was a lot of other requirements at the end in other classes (and outside responsibilities) and that they could do better to do this unit earlier. Hence... here it is!!! It is an essay unit. We will read (and write!) numerous essays this week. The good news is that you do get some class time to work on them. (You can all thank me later.)

Monday, March 30
Essay notes
Assign packets
Assign creative essay
Define Unit 5

Tuesday, March 31
Read and analyze essays
Peer groups over creative essay
DUE: Rough draft of creative essay

Wednesday, April 1
Satire
Work on packets

Thursday, April 2
Work on packets
DUE: Satire

Friday, April 3
Essay test
Vocab quiz

0 comments: